Do you have those worry lines on your forehead…If “yes” then you are one of those people who are suffering from stress and these lines indicate it clearly. Don’t be panic? As we provide you the most effective yoga poses for stress and anxiety. Yes “YOGA POSES” is here for your help, don’t be so shocked. As we all know that Yoga is a very good solution that helps to improve our stamina and flexibility. But friends you know only one side of the yoga! think again….. Is this is the only health benefit that yoga can promise you? Well, according to recent studies it is found that yoga is a great form of exercise for anyone looking for a stress-free life.
No one wants stress or anxiety in life…do you? But the hustle bustle life of the city becomes a serious cause of stress and anxiety. To improve your life yoga proves to be the best way that helps to get rid of stress or anxiety. But yeah…Yoga is vast and has lots of asanas and you can’t do all of them on every single day right! However, need not worry. I provide you the list of few best yoga exercises that immediately boost your foul mood.
Before knowing these exercises don’t you want to know about “What is stress and anxiety”? so take a little overview. Anxiety is a sort of disorder that instigates with fear, nervousness, and worry all the time, whereas stress is a multiple demands that placed on your physical body or brain . So come back to the topic and know about yoga poses to get rid of stress and anxiety.
Top Effective yoga poses for stress and anxiety
Bridge pose (Setu bandha Sarvangasana):
This Bridge pose considers as the best yoga pose for stress and anxiety. This pose stretching the muscles of the back and leg, open up your shoulder and lungs, relaxes the heart apart from relieving your stress. According to Yoga, the body consist of seven energy chakras, And this pose is good to stimulate them. In addition, it is also effective to control high blood pressure, sleep disorders(Insomnia) and fatigue. Hmmm….. lots of health benefits you get from this asana, so what are you waiting for know who to do them.
How to do this pose:
- Lie flat on the yoga mat and bend your knees by keeping feet on the floor. Make sure your ankle and knees are a placed in straight line.
- Place your arms by your sides, with facing palms downward.
- Lift your back (lower, upper, and middle) off to the floor while exhaling. Keep your shoulders and neck firmly on the floor. Make sure your chin touches your chest.
- Keep your thighs and feet parallel while spreading your weight evenly on both the feet.
- Connect your fingers and push your hand harder to the ground and lift your body.
- Hold this posture at least for a minute. Keep breathing normally.
- Slowly return to the pose.
Cautions: If you are suffering from any knee, back and neck disorder don’t dare to do this yoga asana because apart from giving its benefit it makes your condition worse.
Ustrasana ( Camel Pose):
This Yoga asana goes efficiently with your physical as well as mental balance. This yoga pose helps to improve blood circulation which means it increases oxygen level in your mind and body thoroughly. Keep in mind that while doing this yoga asana your stomach and bowels are empty otherwise make sure you have had your meal at least four or six hour before doing it.
How to do this Yoga asana:
- Begin this asana by kneeling on your mat and ensure that your knees, shoulder and thighs are perpendicular to the floor.
- Slowly inhaling and raise your arms above to the celling and bend backwards and try to touch your heels.
- Keep your neck in neutral position for as long as you can.
- Slowly, return back to your normal kneeling position.
Cautions: If you are suffering from any joint pain or undergoing through any surgery related to joints try to stay away from this asana.
Balasana (Child pose):
I always observe that children’s are always stay away from stress or tensions……now I get the answer all this is because they do lots of things like playing outdoor games, do various activities which indirectly relaxes their mind. But in our (adults or elders) life we don’t get enough time for playing or for doing any other activities.
Balasana is yoga pose undoubtedly the most easy and simplest pose of yoga and moreover do not consume much time from your daily schedule. This asana stretches the spine and relaxes the body. It not only provide mental and emotional relief but also relieve lower hip strain, neck stiffness and back pain.
How to do this pose:
- Kneel down on the floor and stretch your leg and toes in outward direction.
- Sit on your heels.
- While inhaling stretch your arms in forward direction and bend your body towards forward direction.
- Keep your buttocks on your heels and place arms on the floor by placing your head between the arms.
- Hold this position as long as you can.
- Slowly get back to your normal position and repeat this asana 2-3 times.
Cautions: This advice for those who are suffering from knee or back pain injury. If you are thinking of doing this asana consult your doctor first as it may worsen your situation.
As its name suggests you need to stand on your head, means whole body weight comes on your head. This yoga asana is good to increase blood circulation in your brain that increases stamina and improves memory.
How to do this pose:
- Coming to your knees, make a triangle with your hands.
- Interlocked your fingers together, palms open and place your forearms down.
- Place the top of your head down on the mat between the triangles of your hands.
- Slowly try to lift the soles of your feet off to the floor. Maintain balance of your body while doing this.
- Try to straighten the legs. If you are a beginner try to make a balance against the wall, it needs lots of practice.
- Once you have done this, inhale and hold for as long as you can.
- Return back to your normal position.
Cautions: Those who suffer from high blood pressure or have weakened neck muscles avoid doing this asana. Moreover, if you are pregnant or overweight refrain yourself from doing Sirsasana.
Shavasana (Corpse Pose):
Last but not the least Shavasana is the ultimate pose for stress relief. After doing strenuous workouts like twisting, stretching and bending your body needs rest. This yoga pose helps to promote sleep, calming the nervous system and lowering the blood pressure.
How to do this pose:
- Lie down on the yoga mat.
- Keep your feet slightly apart and relaxes your knees and toes.
- Place your arms by the sides of your body and palms are open facing the sky.
- Close your eyes and try not to think anything just empties your brain.
- Breathe deeply to relax your body and mind.
- Stay in this posture only for 10 minutes and end your yoga session in a relaxed way.
Keep in mind while doing yoga the most important thing is “BREATHING”. Before doing any yoga pose first learn about it deeply. Practice these effective yoga poses to cure stress and anxiety regularly and you will notice how your life become amazing by keeping stress at bay. I provide few list of yoga asana hopes this will help you!